[Fwd: Re: Help with Crontab]

Kevin Kinsey kdk at daleco.biz
Fri Dec 7 14:58:58 PST 2007

Kevin Kinsey wrote:

] Well, as the sage said, "the light at the end of the
] tunnel is an oncoming train."  Note the word "restricted"
] there, and realize that it means that both fields are
] checked and the "job" is constrained by both of them.
]
] In other words, any of these should mail you the FBSD
] COPYRIGHT file on Sundays only at 4:30 a.m.:
]
] 30   4   *   *   Sun   /bin/cat /COPYRIGHT
] 30   4   *   *   0     /bin/cat /COPYRIGHT
] 30   4   *   *   7     /bin/cat /COPYRIGHT
]
] So, "yes, Virginia, there is a Sunday Cron."
] ;-)

BUT:

> Drew Tomlinson wrote:
> I'm trying to use cron to run a script on the     first Sunday of every
> month at 0930.  I used this entry in the crontab:  ^^^^

Doh!

I suppose you are right after all, and the script needs modified.

I suppose I'll have my crow with hot mustard, plx.  Esp. since
I wrote an article a few years ago about scheduling for the last
day of the month only using an external script....

Sorry for the noise,

Kevin Kinsey