Hopefully an easy header rewriting problem for Postfix

Clint Olsen clint.olsen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 13:38:53 PST 2007

On Dec 07, Noel Jones wrote:
> http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html#masquerade
>
> Looks like exactly what you describe.
>
> Just set in main.cf: masquerade_domains = my.domain and then run
> "postfix reload"

Yes!  This looks like it does what I want!  I completely forgot about the
masquerade feature in Sendmail.  Thanks a lot for this.

Incidentally, the reason why I ran into this problem was because I
absolutely cannot get GNU Mailman to stop using host.my.domain in the mail
dispatch section (yes, I have modified mm_cfg.py), and this was totally
messing up Postfix and causing it to trigger all sorts of spam filtering
checks that should not have been invoked.  I realized I technically had a
hole in my config and I didn't want to have to fix every single client that
might send mail through my server.

Thanks again,

-Clint