Problems with auditd

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Fri Dec 7 13:06:08 PST 2007

I upgraded my system from 6.0 RELEASE to 6.2 RELEASE by cvsupping the files
and then running buildkernel/buildworld as usual.  Since doing that, auditd
will not run, even though I have auditd_enable="YES" in /etc/rc.conf. I've
been reading online posts about auditd and auditing (as well as the man
pages) but I haven't found what the problem is.

If I run audit -s, I get this:
root at utd59514# audit -s
Error sending trigger: Function not implemented

Any idea what the problem might be?  I *thought* I had the latest sources.
I have since cvsupped a second time and rebuilt world, but I have not
rebuilt the kernel.

--
Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Senior Information Security Analyst