help wanted configuring HPLIP

Robert Huff roberthuff at rcn.com
Fri Dec 7 13:18:09 PST 2007

Anish Mistry writes:

>  You should be fine since your other printer is a parallel port
>  printer.  The HPLIP port doesn't configure parallel port printers
>  so just use the normal CUPS configuration.  There are some issues
>  with the PSC printers and getting attached as umass devices.
>  Search the archives for more info.

	Found.
	This may be a show-stopper - that system has umass devices
which are higher priority than this.  And I don't want to have an
entire "requires operator intervention" or even "non-standard
script" to deal with (and remember) at boot.
	So if the PSC attaches as umass, I'm hosed, but if it attaches
as ugen I win.

	Thanks,

					Robert Huff