FreeBSD7 - PAE and nVidia

Daniel Bye freebsd-questions at slightlystrange.org
Sun Dec 2 06:06:09 PST 2007

On Sat, Dec 01, 2007 at 06:19:36PM +0200, David Naylor wrote:
> Thanks for the info.  Also from what I can see PAE does not support
> USB.  The reason why I am using i386 is because I'm not going to
> sacrifice my gaming :-) which means nvidia.
>
> Thanks
>
> David
>
> p.s. I'm volunteering to do any testing for an amd64 version of the
> nvidia driver...

There are plenty of people who fall into that category! However, nVidia
have already said that due to internal implementation details of the
FreeBSD amd64 kernel, they're  unable to produce an amd64 driver just yet.
There was some discussion of it a while ago - check out the archives for
more details and links. I don't recall if it was this list, or amd64@
so try them both.

Dan

--