spammers harvesting emaill address from this list

Peter N. M. Hansteen peter at bsdly.net
Thu Aug 23 22:22:16 PDT 2007

Gary Kline <kline at tao.thought.org> writes:

> 	Is there any spamd documentation that follows a cookbook model?
> 	Do A, B, C, and you're done!  I've found that a couple examples
> 	are worth ten thousand words.

Well, there's the spamd parts of my PF tutorial[1], and I believe Dan
Langille wrote up something for the FreeBSD diary earlier this year -
yes, its at [2].

One thing about the blacklisted IP addresses file I generate every
hour - spam sending machines don't necessarily stay that way for very
long (they get reinstalled, dumped in the river etc) so it's really
only useful if your own blacklist gets updated and pruned regularly too.

- P

[1] http://home.nuug.no/~peter/pf/ (several formats), spamd parts start at
    http://home.nuug.no/~peter/pf/en/spamd.html

[2] http://www.freebsddiary.org/pf.php