spammers harvesting emaill address from this list

Erik Norgaard norgaard at locolomo.org
Thu Aug 23 14:42:56 PDT 2007

fbsd2 wrote:
> It only takes 2-3 weeks after changing my email address I use on the list
> before I start receiving spam on the new email address.

I have been on this list for years, I have my mail address published on
my web site and many other places. I hardly get any spam at all, I don't
use any spam filter like spamassasin on the server, only regex on header
and blocking a few ip's - simple stuff. I have had one spam mail today.

I did briefly have a .com domain, and despite no external links and that
I never used the address on public lists, it got almost instantly
spammed. My conclusion is that you are more likely to be a target with a
.com domain.

Cheers, Erik
--
Ph: +34.666334818                      web: http://www.locolomo.org