OT:: anybody on-list use "PC-BSD"? or "bSD-PC"?

Jonathan Horne freebsd at dfwlp.com
Thu Aug 9 18:36:31 PDT 2007

On 8/9/07 8:16 PM, "Gary Kline" <kline at tao.thought.org> wrote:

> Has anybody on this list used the PC version of BSD?
> What about a "desktop-BSD"??

I gave them both a try when I first got into FreeBSD.  I didn't particularly
care for their package management system.  DesktopBSD has a really cool
little quite of tools that are quite useful on the desktop, and Ive found I
cant live without them (the tray-mounter is great!).  Thankfully, these
tools are available in the standard FreeBSD ports tree.

Ultimately, after giving both an honest try, I ended up staying with
FreeBSD, and have never looked back.
--
Jonathan Horne
http://dfwlpiki.dfwlp.org