OT:: anybody on-list use "PC-BSD"? or "bSD-PC"?

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Thu Aug 9 18:16:50 PDT 2007

	Guys,

	A couple years ago I got a hold of Ubuntu and until recent months
	thought it was the best thing since [[ fill-in ]].
	Long-story-shot, I am wedged at 6.06 (a Long Term Support)
	version, and because the *next* "LTS" isn't due until 2009
	and *mostly* because the Linux filesystem __ate__ several
	files (at least one binary; plus several gifs/jpgs/whatever),
	I'm thinking of switching back.  Our 6.2-RELEASE really is the
	best release I've seen, so I may just buy 6.3 or 7.1 or
	whatever.  The other option is to buy or download the pee-cee
	version (1.4 or later) of BSD.  I want something with audio and
	video apps that JustWork{tm}; something that's mostly for fun.
	....Altho, as noted above, my installation of 6.2 comes pretty
	close.  Has anybody on this list used the PC version of BSD?
	What about a "desktop-BSD"??

	suggestion? advice?

	gary

--