misc question #2:: howto stream .RAM/realplay via "kmplayer"??

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Sat Apr 28 19:55:08 UTC 2007

	I'm still building my backup DNS server on my remaining Kayak
	playing with various window managers (aka "desktops"). Stuck.
	To any browser/media/audio wizards out there in freebsd-land:

	A few weeks ago (after failing with both mozilla and firefox)
	I tried the KDE broswer to stream video.  And after several
	tries, got kmplayer working with Konqueror.  It streams windows
	video and better yet, streams windows audio (using the Mplayer
	backend).  But there are some NPR/PBS webcasts only in
	real-audio.  After a few hours of poking around the web and
	trying to reconfigure Konqueror I-give-up.

	I've reached the "File Association" -> "Audio" and to
	"x-pn-realplay" {or something like that}, then I'm wedged.
	Is there an honest textfile I can use to associate [.ra, .rm,
	.ram] with /usr/X11R6/bin/realplay????

	thanks for any help!

	gary

--