GELI recovery

Rat Paranoid paranoid.rat at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 05:05:42 UTC 2007

Dear All,

I badly need your help! I've used GELI encrypted partition on my
notebook for 5 month but now I can't mount it on startup... it seems
that I forgot the password (but how is it possible if I enter it each
time I switch my notebook?!) or something is wrong with GELI

anyway when I created that partition I also created "backup key" file
as it was suggested by the manual... Now I've tried to mount the
partition with that key but it keeps telling me that the password is
wrong. %(

Is it possible to recover the bloody thing with that "backup key"?!

Your help would be much appreciated!

Alex