Sendmail Config Issues

Schiz0 schiz0phrenic21 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 00:16:03 UTC 2007

Hey,

I'm running 6.2-RELEASE-p3. I'm having some issues configuring sendmail. I'm
new to sendmail, so please bear with me. I've read
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/mail.html along
with some docs on sendmail.org. I'm guessing I'm overlooking something, or
missing something completely.

I'm trying to sent up a sendmail config to send/receive mail locally, and
run smtp. My asdf.mc file is located at: http://pastebin.ca/456745 and my
asdf.submit.mc file is at: http://pastebin.ca/456757
SENDMAIL_MC and SENDMAIL_SUBMIT_MC are set in make.conf to the full path to
those .mc files.

I also made changes to aliases, access, local-host-names, and virtusertable
in the /etc/mail dir.

When I run make in the /etc/mail dir, I get the following error:
# make
/usr/sbin/sendmail -bi -OAliasFile=/etc/mail/aliases
/etc/mail/sendmail.cf: line 279: Unknown address family inet6 in
Family=option
*** Error code 70

Stop in /etc/mail.