apache server, zope server cant access through webbrowser

Beech Rintoul beech at alaskaparadise.com
Fri Apr 20 07:08:13 UTC 2007

On Thursday 19 April 2007, dhaneshk k said:
> HI all,
>
>    I installed FreeBSD6.0 server in my  Intel P4 machine , and I
> installed apache-2.2 webserver through /usr/ports and when I tried
>
> start  my webserver  by /usr/local/sbin/apachectl   command ,
> But when I pointing the url http://localhost in my
> mozillafirefox(Gnome2.18 configured in this machine ) I am getting
> an error  " refused the connection The server may be busy Or may
> have a network connection problem   in mY browser window , but
> using this browser I can able to access all internet sites and
> search engines .

Check /var/log/httpd-error.log for errors. Your webserver may not be
started. Also check ps waux | grep httpd to see if you have any httpd
processes running.

Even minor config file errors will keep apache from starting.

Beech

Beech Rintoul - Port Maintainer - beech at alaskaparadise.com
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | FreeBSD Since 4.x
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail   | http://www.freebsd.org
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Latest Release:
/ \  - http://www.freebsd.org/releases/6.2R/announce.html