Make Options -- just checking

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Thu Apr 19 17:23:31 UTC 2007

On Apr 19, 2007, at 4:39 AM, David Southwell wrote:
> In my current state of confusion I need  to double check the way in
> which
> options are given for make before delving deeper into the problem.
> if there
> is an option define as:
>
> '--with-abc=def'
>
> what is the correct command line?
>
> #[correct command-line]
>
> for
> #make
> & for
> #make configure

Arguments of the form "--with-abc=def" are typically fed to
configure, not to make.  If you are using ports to build the software
in question, you would adjust the port Makefile to include the extra
option by changing the CONFIGURE_ARGS.

If you are building by hand, you would run "./configure --with-abc=def".

--
-Chuck