test

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Sat Apr 14 12:10:39 UTC 2007

> GET ME OFF THIS FUCKING LIST

That's a powerfully effective method of getting things done.

First off, the use of the word FUCKING is a well-known method to convince
people to come to your aid.  I believe it was Napoleon who stated, "By
inserting 'FUCKING' in front of every FUCKING noun in every FUCKING
sentence, I have managed to motivate my FUCKING soldiers more so than
any other FUCKING method I have tried."

Secondly, the use of all caps is known to be an efficient method of getting
your point across.  Internet experts agree that mailing lists are very
loud, and the only way you're guaranteed to be heard is to SHOUT all
the time.  I'm glad you've caught on to this fine point of netiquette.

Thirdly, replying to an arbitrary message instead of taking the time to
contact the right people is a fabulously effective method of getting things
done.  Obviously, the guy who sent this test message, as well as others
who read it are most likely to be the people who can actually _do_ anything
about your problem.

And lastly, leaving out all the details of your problem is guaranteed to
expedite the fix of your problem.  Obviously those details, such as a
copy of an offending message with fully headers, or a list of the steps
you've tried to take in resolution of the problem, would only confused
the technically adept people who could actually research and fix your
problem.  Leaving them out is good practice.

> On 4/11/07, Bill Moran <wmoran at potentialtech.com> wrote:

> > spamming 1000s of inboxes with test messages.

> > > --
> > > Bill Hall
> > > Manager, Occupant Protection Program
> > > UNC Highway Safety Research Center
> > > 730 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Suite 300
> > > CB# 3430
> > > Chapel Hill, NC 27599
> > >
> > > 919-962-8721 (Voice)
> > > 800-672-4527 (toll-free in NC)