Mysql Hogging all system resources

Don O'Neil lists at lizardhill.com
Sat Apr 14 03:44:46 UTC 2007

I did this:

In my login.conf file (assuming that all you have to do is change whatever
you don't want to be the default):

nice:\
        :priority=5:

In the user entry I put 'nice' in field 5.

When I rebuilt the login.conf db, nothing seems to have changed for th
user... A 'top' still shows his processes (old and new) with a nice of 0.

Is there something else I'm missing?