Recommended SMP Hardware

Don O'Neil lists at lizardhill.com
Thu Apr 5 16:50:55 UTC 2007

I'm getting ready to obsolete one of my old dual P2-800 servers and wanted
to get some suggestions from you all... I'm going to be building a new
server to replace it and need more power, but not a TON more power...
Something along the lines of dual 2.5 GHz processors with 4 GB RAM should be
more than enough.

Any one have some suggestions for lower priced dual processor motherboards
and CPU combos? Athlon, Xeon, P4, whatever, doesn't really matter. I'd like
to hear from some of you who are actually using certain combos in production
and your experiences (good or bad) with them and FreeBSD 6.2.

Thanks!