Should sudo be used?

Kevin Kinsey kdk at daleco.biz
Thu Apr 5 14:09:24 UTC 2007

Hi again,

I thought I might also mention a potential "sudo"-shortcoming. :-D

See:
http://bsdwiki.reedmedia.net/wiki/Recognize_basic_recommended_access_methods.html

Where I wrote about a "quoting problem" that occasionally confuses
newbs like me.

Also, I don't speak for the BSD certification project, although I have
helped flesh out content on the wiki above.  It appears that I changed
the wording from "using the possibly 3rd-party sudo" to "possibly using
the 3rd-party sudo" thinking that the objective's wording was in error,
when actually those statements imply different meaning.  I'm copying
Jeremy Reed on this, who is closer to the Cert project and probably
*can* speak for them.  I'd imagine I need to find some way to fix that,
because it sure seems to read as if *they* recommend using sudo.... ;-)

Kevin Kinsey
--
A general leading the State Department resembles a dragon commanding
ducks.