Own ports organization

Milan Knizek knizek at volny.cz
Wed Apr 4 19:37:42 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 04 of April 2007, Gabor Kovesdan wrote:
> Milan Knizek schrieb:
> > Hello,
> >
> > are there any recommendation how to organize own ports?
> >
> > Should I keep them within official /usr/ports structure or rather
> > separately? If kept separately, how does it work with pkg* commands then?
>
> Own ports? :) Why don't you submit them then, so that we can use them,
> too? :)

Well, it is not a port as it should be. I have recently quit gentoo and still
a bit struggling to compile some progs, which did fine in linux. I just found
that using ports the compilation has better chances to finish :-)

Once I get more used to preparing good ports, I will certainly submit them.

--
Milan Knížek
http://milan-knizek.net/