minimum requirements

Alex Zbyslaw xfb52 at dial.pipex.com
Fri Sep 29 09:05:27 PDT 2006

Jerry McAllister wrote:

>On Thu, Sep 28, 2006 at 06:13:16PM -0700, Art Mattox wrote:
>

>>what are the recommended minimum hw requirements for version 6.1?
>>e.g. diskspace, memory, etc
>>

>I don't know what the current absolute minimum to run values
>would be.

I believe minimum ram is 24Mb but if you can get more... .  I'm sure I
used to run 4.X off < 4Gb of disk and would suspect 6.X would fit too,
with care.  Of course, you have to be very careful what you actually do
with a machine this low spec'ed.  Certainly no room to compile firefox
or openoffice :-)

--Alex