freeBSD 6.1 how to setup network file sharing on my home network between a win xp box and my BSD Laptop

hackmiester (Hunter Fuller) hackmiester at hackmiester.com
Tue Sep 26 08:08:45 PDT 2006

Install it using ports (read the handbook).
On 26 September 2006, at 09:51, Mathew Stahl wrote:

> Hi,
> I am a BSD newbie.  I have used linux for years from Redhat 7.0 to
> 9.0 and SuSE 9.1 to 10.1.  I was able to setup samba very easily on
> redhat 9.0 and below but could never get it to work on SuSE and I
> just installed FreeBSD 6.1 on my dell laptop and I am wondering if
> any one has any tips on how to set it up (correctly) so I can share
> files between my win xp Desktop and my BSD laptop over a wireless
> network connection.  Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated!!
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
> Mathew Stahl

hackmiester (Hunter Fuller)

<svinx> yknow when you go to a party, and everyones hooked up except
one guy and one girl
<svinx> and so they look at each other like.. do we have to?
<svinx> intel & nvidia must be lookin at each other like that right now

Phone
Voice: +1 251 589 6348
Fax: Call the voice number and ask.

Email