freeBSD certified server hardware ?

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at msu.edu
Mon Sep 18 08:34:57 PDT 2006

On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 12:00:47PM +0800, ke han wrote:

> Does anyone know if any server manufacturer of high regard is
> currently certifying for freeBSD 6.1?
> I know the general answer is check the components on the release
> notes.  I also know there are a few integrators on the community list
> (wow, some of their list pricing is much higher than the big
> names!!).  Doesn't HP, Sun, IBM, Dell have anything they certify for
> FreeBSD?  Is this expected to get better over the next year or so?
> thanks, ke han

I have heard people speak well of:    FreeBSD Systems
  at:    http://www.freebsdsystems.com/
In fact, you can buy a fully installed FreeBSD 6.1 server from them.
But I have not tried them or know anything otherwise.

Another company called:   Iron Systems
  at:    http://www.ironsystems.com/index.asp
claims FreeBSD compatibility.   I don't know much about them.

Prices for both sites appear competitive.

There are probably others out there.

////jerry