jls output incorrect

Iain Dooley iain at iaindooley.com
Sun Sep 17 21:31:03 PDT 2006

i'm  running FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE. i have recently set up some jails and
everything seems to be running fine.

however when i use:

/etc/rc.d/jail stop

and then type:

jls

i still see jails as running, with JID's assigned. I can no longer log
into these jails, so it appears they have been halted, but when i start
again, the new jail processes get new JID's, and when i stop, they remain.
this is obviously not a huge problem, but it means that i can not reliably
use jls to see which jails are running.

i have seen this discussed earlier:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2006-April/118133.html

later in that discussion chad mentions mounted file systems as calling
problems. i'm not mounting any file systems in my jails, should i just
wait til i upgrade to 7.0 or is there some way i can fix this?

cheers

iain