script help

ann kok annkok2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 5 11:16:28 PDT 2006

Hi all

I would like to ask script question

1/ if i use the script to run within 1 minute, I can't
run it in the cronjob. how can I run this script
automatically?

2/ I have file "file.txt" as below, there are two
fields.

4 999
10 200
15 400
60 900

I write "awk script" to exact field 2 if the field 1
less than 10 and put it in the file "result.txt". but
i am not successful!

awk '{
                    if ($1 > 10)
$2="this is result $2 when the feild 1 less than 10"
}' < file.txt > result.txt

result.txt

this is result $2 when the feild 1 less than 10
this is result $2 when the feild 1 less than 10

but i would like the result as

this is result 999 when the feild 1 less than 10
this is result 200 when the feild 1 less than 10

Thank you for your help