stuff:: FreeBSD folks, my giveaway hardware, and more.

Gary Kline kline at sage.thought.org
Mon Sep 4 18:13:00 PDT 2006

	Atom Powers lives close enough that a stop-over yesterday
	was reasonable.  I had "tao" booted to Fixit mode and with
	some  magic ifconfig command Atom managed to  rescue the hundreds
	of megs of stuff that I should have backed up by rsync or
	otherwise.  This noon Atom brought over a set of the 6.1 CD's
	that I will try once I've reinstalled 5.3 and hammered the hard
	drive for a couple days.  Greg L mentioned the possibility of
	hardware faults as a cause of the fatal trap.  If the disk
	*has* gone south, I'll add the entire box to my giveaways.

	Anyway this is a public thanks to everybody who has helped,
	including the rsync scripts.  It is takes a week to get
	things stable, better now than later.

	Everybody knows how rock stolid FBSD is: one crash in 11 years
	is pretty good proof:-)  So thanks to everybody from back in
	the Eozoic 4.0 days at Cal to the guys working om 7.0-CURRENT.

	gary

--
   Gary Kline     kline at thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix