hp_no_device_found

Andriy Babiy ABabiy at shaw.ca
Sun Sep 3 02:35:32 PDT 2006

Hello,

Could you advise me on how to properly configure my printing?
I have LaserJet HP-1022, on FreeBSD 6.1 and CUPS-1.2.
I installed hplip, hpijs, and foomatic-*.

(as root)
hp-setup says: ERROR no devices found
In CUPS I see: hp_no_device_found

dmesg shows:
ulpt0: Hewlett-Packard HP LaserJet 1022, rev. 2.00/1.00, addr 2, iclass 7/1
ulpt0: using bi-directional mode

I can add printer on /dev/ulpt0, and choose HP-1022 from the list, and even
send a test page to the printer, which isn't printed though.

There might be something wrong in the configuration, I think. Could you advise
me on how to get the printer working?
Thank you in advance for your assistance and ideas!

Andriy