Anyone Using the New Free Mulberry Mail Client?

pauls at utdallas.edu pauls at utdallas.edu
Fri Sep 1 00:17:03 UTC 2006

--On September 1, 2006 12:18:20 AM +0100 RW
<list-freebsd-2004 at morbius.sent.com> wrote:

> There used to be a port of Cyrusoft's Mulberry mail client that
> installed the  Linux rpm version; then Cyrusoft went bankrupt and the
> port dissappeared.
>
> Mulberry is now available for free as a standalone Linux binary:
>
>              http://www.mulberrymail.com
>
> Has anyone got this working?  If you just run the binary it opens and
> can be  be configured to read an imap  mailbox, but a lot of the error
> and warning  pop-up boxes are missing text and buttons. There are
> probably other problems,  but without the error messages it's hard to
> say.

That's what the port was doing when I tried it.

I installed the new 4.0.5 release, and it works fine.  Nothing is missing
(that I noticed.)

I'm running 6.0 RELEASE with linux_base-fc-4_8.

And I *love* Mulberry.

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas