slimserver port

Steve Bertrand iaccounts at ibctech.ca
Sat Oct 28 15:18:15 UTC 2006

> > > Can anyone shed some light on this?
> >
> > /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ holds the startup scripts for this
> kind of server.
> > Further you'll need slimserver_enable="YES" in your /etc/rc.conf
>
> I added slimserver_enable="YES" and mysql_enable="YES" (I
> think it is needed by slimserver) to /etc/rc.conf and
> rebooted and still it doesn't work. It is suppossed to run a
> html server on localhost:9000 but it doesn't.

Is there a startup script in /usr/local/etc/rc.d for slimserver? If so,
is it set with executable bits?

Try this:

# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/nameofstartupscript start

...and see what results that produces.

If that produces nothing, locate the slimserver executable directly and
try to run it to produce some sort of output.

Steve