ACL: Default and other problems

Nico -telmich- Schottelius nico-freebsd-questions at schottelius.org
Wed Oct 25 12:40:49 UTC 2006

Chuck Swiger [Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 09:21:51AM -0700]:
> [...]
> >Now I am interested on how you would solve this problem with standard
> >Unix-Ids without using external tools (like callin chown/chgrp/chmod
> >each update).
>
> This constraint makes the problem impossible to solve.  Either you
> are interested in the impossible, or you aren't really looking to
> solve the problem using standard Unix mechanisms...

Actually, I am really not looking for 'old Unix mechanism' to solve
that issue, because I think ACLs are definetly made for this kind of
problem.

I've been using ACLs on Linux for some years now and I am really
wondering why simply applying the default ACLs is such a problem
in fbsd.

As far as I know, ACLs are considered stable in FreeBSD, aren't they?

I am really wondering who to contact for the issues I've reported on [0].

Thanks for any hints,

Nico

[0]: http://home.schottelius.org/~nico/freebsd/acl/
--
``...if there's one thing about Linux users, they're do-ers, not whiners.''
(A quotation of Andy Patrizio I completely agree with)