Problems with SATA 2 hard disk while installing FreeBSD 6.1 RELEASE AMD 64

COKYAZICI cokyazici at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 20 21:47:53 UTC 2006

Hi, I'm trying to install FreeBSD 6.1 RELEASE AMD 64
on a new computer I bought, it has a ECS C51GM
motherboard, with one SATA 2 hard disk, and an AMD
Athlon 64 4200+ X2 on socket AM2. When I boot with the
install CD, it crashes before starting the sysinstall,
just after it finishes showing the details about the
DVD writer, which I presume happens when it's checking
for hard disks. I managed to get sysinstall to start
when I booted it up in safe mode, but then when I
tried to install FreeBSD, it said no hard disks
detected.

I hope someone can help me to figure out how to
install FreeBSD 6.1 RELEASE AMD 64.

Here are more details about the motherboard:

Motherboard Name:
ECS C51GM

Chipset Name
NVIDIA GeForce 6100 & nForce 410