tao.thought.org is back.....

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Thu Oct 19 19:39:14 UTC 2006

On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 05:22:44PM -0700, Chuck Swiger wrote:
> On Oct 18, 2006, at 5:14 PM, Gary Kline wrote:
> >	This would work [or ought to!]; right now, all my mail e[x]change
> >	entries are equi-valued at 50.  But this seems like a back door
> >	way of dealing with sendmail.  I'm the first to admit that it's a
> >	less tha[n] optimal suite, obscure beyond words, (etc).  But I'd
> >	like to understand how to resolve this problem with sen[d]mail....
>
> You can override MX prioritization by using a mailertable.
>
> But you will need to list IP addresses in square brackets to disable
> MX lookups and force other MX hosts to relay mail to where-ever you
> want.  Therefore, the simple answer is to make sure that the final
> destination for email to your domain is listed as the highest-
> priority MX record (ie, lowest numeric MX value).
>
> And you will either need to masquarade for your domain, or you will
> need to list all of the hostnames for which email is being addressed
> to in class w (aka /etc/mail/local-host-names) on the mailserver
> which performs local delivery....

	Solunds like a win.. hopefully.   Can you sent me the mailtable
	that I might use to have "kline at thought.org" goto zen.thought.org
	and zivic at thought.org be forwarded to ns1.thought.org, and
	grzegorz at thought.org be sent to ethos.thought.org?  I see an
	example as the  equivalent of 10K words.

	Is there ay way of testing this after I have set up my table
	entries?  In other words, how do I re-initialize things without
	having to  (ugh) *reboot*.

	thanks much,

	gary

   Gary Kline     kline at thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix