kick off a post boot job

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Wed Oct 18 17:10:17 UTC 2006

I have a number of servers which don't have console access, but I would like to
have apache started automatically if the server is rebooted. However, it seems
that if https is used then I need to type in a secret at boot time (on the console).

Is there a way to start processes up automatically after the boot is finished?

I could imagine asking another, trusted, server to supply the magic string using
scp or some other secure transport and then using the decoded result to start up
apache.
--
Robin Becker