PAE tuning

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Thu Oct 5 11:59:30 PDT 2006

On Oct 5, 2006, at 11:29 AM, Paul Lathrop wrote:
> That's really good to know. Unfortunately, nobody seems to have
> written
> down WHICH tunables need to be adjusted besides the one mentioned
> above,
> nor is there any information on what "reasonable value" means!
>
> Can anyone point me at a resource for more information on this?

You're supposed to tune the appropriate values considering the
workload the machine is going to handle.  "man tuning" has some
additional information, but without describing what kind of tasks you
plan to do with this machine with 14GB of RAM, nobody is going to be
able to provide you with really specific advice...

--
-Chuck