Good References and or Books for learning ADA

backyard backyard1454-bsd at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 4 19:57:07 PDT 2006

--- Beech Rintoul <beech at alaskaparadise.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday 04 October 2006 17:39, backyard wrote:
> > Hello All,
> >
> > I'm looking to teach myself ADA using the Gnu
> Compiler
> > Collection and GNATS as my compiler under an i386
> > FreeBSD 6.X system. I'm just curious if any ADA
> > programmers out there can point me to some decent
> > books/online resources for learning the basics and
> > more advanced aspects of ADA. They would be most
> > useful if they referenced ADA95 as that appears to
> be
> > the standard gnats supports.
> >
> >  I would also be interested in resources that
> describe
> > integrating (I guess linking is more appropriate
> of a
> > term) C/C++ libraries with ADA. This would mostly
> be
> > for basic use with X Windows and Motif, GTK, or
> > whatever makes the windows looks nice when I get
> that
> > far, and OpenGL rendering, and likely ATLAS for
> > crunching numbers. Unless there exists some ADA
> > libraries for any of the above.
> >
> > I went to Borders today and couldn't find anything
> and
> > a search online would comes up with millions of
> books
> > that may or may not be useful.
> >
> > I guess I shouldn't be too supprised I couldn't
> even
> > seem to find a book on Bind at Borders...
>
> I can't help you with ADA, but the O'Reilly book on
> bind is the best one.
> Borders can order it and get it to you in a couple
> of days. They even get
> them that fast up here in Alaska.
>
> Beech

thanks, thats the one I was looking for and certain
I'd scene before but no luck tonight. ofcourse I had
no trouble finding the complete freebsd tonight which
is what took me hours to find last time amungst the
books on bind...

the luck of the irish is a lie...

does that book cover running bind within a jail? or
just the general configuration of the service?

-brian