Problem with pf - bug?

Matthias Fechner idefix at fechner.net
Mon Oct 2 01:14:45 PDT 2006

Hi,

I added the following rules to my config for pf:
table <bruteforce> persist file "/usr/local/firewall/bruteforce"
block in   log  quick inet  from <bruteforce>  to any  label "RULE 1 \
-- DROP "
pass in   log  quick inet proto tcp  from any  to any port 22 flags \
S/AS modulate state  (  max-src-conn 100 max-src-conn-rate 5/10,
overload \
<bruteforce> flush global )  label "RULE 2 -- ACCEPT "

If I load the rules everything is fine but if I restart/reload the
rules with the command (sudo /etc/rc.d/pf restart) the PC hangup
compeletely. CTRL+ALT+del has no effect the only why to get the PC
running again is pressing the reset button and do a manual filesystem
check.

Can anyone please help me?

Best regards,
Matthias