upgrading gnome

Dino Vliet dino_vliet at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 30 11:11:22 PST 2006

Hi Dan,

have you looked at /usr/ports/UPDATING after you have
updated your ports tree?
I had a lot of problems with this too because I didn't
read that file. However, this info helped me (from
/usr/ports/UPDATING):

20061014:
  AFFECTS: All GTK+2 and GNOME users
  AUTHOR: gnome at FreeBSD.org

  GNOME has been updated to 2.16. All GTK+2 and GNOME
components have
  been moved from X11BASE (/usr/X11R6) to LOCALBASE
(/usr/local). To
  upgrade your GNOME desktop or/and other applications
you will need
  to use either sysutils/portupgrade or
sysutils/portmaster. To use
  portmaster, make sure you have least 1.9 version to
have the
  upgrade succeed.

 Portupgrade users:
  pkgdb -Ff