How to choose an UPS?

Derek Ragona derek at computinginnovations.com
Tue Nov 28 04:30:28 PST 2006

If you are going to interface it with the FreeBSD for automatic shutdown,
etc.  Look at the port for nut in /usr/ports/sysutils.  This supports only
serial port models in the stable version but supports USB in the
experimental version.

I use the stable version and have bought Belkin's that have both USB and
serial ports on their units for monitoring.  This is in their line for
UPS-networking.  These are pretty good priced too.

         -Derek

At 01:44 AM 11/28/2006, a at zeos.net wrote:
>I am going to buy an UPS.
>What should I know and take into account to choose a proper one?
>
>Elisej Babenko
>
>--
>believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.