Best laptop for Freebsd

hackmiester (Hunter Fuller) hackmiester at hackmiester.com
Mon Nov 27 21:36:45 PST 2006

On 16 November 2006, at 01:34, George Allan wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 08:58:53AM +0300, g wrote:
>> Is there any one model or product that would be better for Freebsd 6
>> (as this is my day in day out operating system).

>> Any experiences and or advise would be much appreciated.
>
> My vote is for Thinkpads

Mine too. I have an R51. Man, that computer is awesome. No issues
with it, etc.

> A quick search of the archives will bear out
> the popularity of that opinion.
>
> Be prepared first to investigate the hardware on any prospective
> model,
> second, evaluate the support with respect to each and every device,
> and
> finally, spend time and effort configuring things so things work "just
> right," for increasingly large values of right.
>
> I believe the investment in time and effort pays off in all sorts of
> ways, but chances are you'll end up with a system that you'll consider
> indispensible and one that you'll know better than your girlfriend,
> wife, or whatever.   I'll leave it to you decide whether that's a good
> thing.  ;-)

hackmiester (Hunter Fuller)

<badaboom> who can help me ? i'm french and i don't know irc
<Paladine> can't help you with the being french part, you are screwed
their mate

Phone
Voice: +1 251 589 6348
Fax: Call the voice number and ask.