packages failing to load

Armin Arh armin at pubbox.net
Sun Nov 26 10:35:49 PST 2006

libc and libm are system libraries.
These are not ports.
You find them in the compat4X and compat5X stuff coming
along with FreeBSD itself.

Look on a close Mirror for files like

./5.4-RELEASE/compat3x:
CHECKSUM.MD5
compat3x.aa
compat3x.ab
compat3x.inf
compat3x.mtree
install.sh
./5.4-RELEASE/compat4x:
CHECKSUM.MD5
compat4x.aa
compat4x.ab
compat4x.inf
compat4x.mtree
install.sh

# -> fetch the complete directories, then

cd compat3x
sh install.sh
# etc.

Installing compat3x, compat4x from any release will work an all boxes.
Thus, you can fetch the stuff from 6.1-RELEASE, install this on your 5.5, and it will work on
your 7.X, too!
+ It does no harm to your disk, because it's small.

enjoy,
	Armin
--
PUBBOX Postmaster + spam-killer. Free email addresses at http://pubbox.net/