Driver for Agere 131x ?

Karl-Petter Åkesson freebsd at yelloworb.com
Sun Nov 26 05:44:18 PST 2006

Hi,

I wanted a third network card in my BSD machine and since I have a PCI-E
1x port free I thought it could be good to buy a card for that since I
wouldnt plug much anything else in there. The local computer shop had a
Agere card which costed about 25$ so I just bought it. Though when I got
home and started to search for a driver I realized no driver existed for
FreeBSD, atleast what I could find.

There exists one for Linux which I have found some links to:
http://dadams1969.googlepages.com/et131xkernelmodule
http://sourceforge.net/projects/et131x/

I have no experience of writing a driver for BSD nor trying to port one
though have extensive programming experience so my question is; Is it
very hard to do a port from Linux? Anyone got any good tips or
references on how to start?

Agere has datasheets for chip which would make it easier as well to
create a driver.

http://www.agere.com/entnet/doks/DS06_153_ET1310_7-11-06FINAL.pdf

/Kalle