ACPI: Standby, sleep, suspend and resume

Erik Norgaard norgaard at locolomo.org
Sat Nov 25 08:59:27 PST 2006

Hi:

I have the following sysctl parameters:

hw.acpi.supported_sleep_state: S3 S4 S5
hw.acpi.power_button_state: S5
hw.acpi.sleep_button_state: S3
hw.acpi.lid_switch_state: NONE
hw.acpi.standby_state: S1
hw.acpi.suspend_state: S3
hw.acpi.sleep_delay: 1

First, I'd like that the screen is switched off when the lid closes, so
I assume that I should set hw.acpi.lid_switch_state to something, but I
don't know what.

Second: Is there a way to manually toggle the sleep state so I can
create a menu item "sleep" or "standby"?

Last: When the laptop goes into some suspend mode - I don't know which -
I don't know how to bring it back alive except for rebooting. What is
the secret key combination? (typically).

Thanks, Erik

--
Ph: +34.666334818                      web: http://www.locolomo.org