How 2 Configure Makefile before "make install clean" from the ports?

Gerard Seibert gerard at seibercom.net
Fri Nov 24 14:35:43 PST 2006

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006, Kövesdán Gábor wrote:

> VeeJay escribió:
>> Hi
>>

>> I want to install apache20 from the ports. But before installing, I want to
>> enable/disable some of the modules as follow
>>

>> ./configure \
>>
>> --prefix=/usr/local/apache2 \
>>
>> --with-mpm=prefork \
>>
>> --disable-charset-lite \
>>
>> --disable-include \
>>
>> --disable-env \
>>
>> --disable-setenvif \
>>
>> --disable-status \
>>
>> --disable-autoindex \
>>
>> --disable-asis \
>>
>> --disable-cgi \
>>
>> --disable-negotiation \
>>
>> --disable-imap \
>>
>> --disable-actions \
>>
>> --disable-userdir \
>>
>> --disable-alias \
>>

>> But I have tried many different ways to configure before giving
>> command "make install clean". But haven't had any luck.
>>
>> Could you please guide me that How can I configure the Makefile before
>> installing apache?
>>
>> For example
>>
>> When I give "make config" command I get error as follow:
>>

>> # make config
>> ===> No options to configure
>>

>> I have also tried --enable-OPTION and --disable-OPTION... in Makefile.
>>

>> but didn't had any luck.... :(
>>
>> Could you attache a Makefile showing places where to put these switches and
>> how?  I will be really very gratefull....
>>
> When you try to install it, it prints a bunch of knobs, you can use, e.g.
> WITH_SSL_MODULES, etc. You can set such in this way:
> make WITH_SSL_MODULES=yes install clean

I think the easiest method is to determine exactly what knobs you want to
employ, then place them in the /etc/make.conf file.

/etc/make.conf
# Apache 2.2.2. section
.if $(.CURDIR:M*/www/apache22)
WITH_DBM=bdb
WITH_BERKELEYDB=db42
.endif

Obviously, you enter the knobs you want to use. An advantage to this
method is that should you update Apache at some point, these knobs will be
used by the newer version.

--
Gerard
gerard at seibercom.net

Mike:	"The Fourth Dimension is a shambles?"
Bernie:	"Nobody ever empties the ashtrays.  People are SO
 	inconsiderate."

 	Gary Trudeau, "Doonesbury"