How 2 Configure Makefile before "make install clean" from the ports?

VeeJay maanjee at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 13:02:37 PST 2006

Hi

I want to install apache20 from the ports. But before installing, I want to
enable/disable some of the modules as follow

./configure \

--prefix=/usr/local/apache2 \

--with-mpm=prefork \

--disable-charset-lite \

--disable-include \

--disable-env \

--disable-setenvif \

--disable-status \

--disable-autoindex \

--disable-asis \

--disable-cgi \

--disable-negotiation \

--disable-imap \

--disable-actions \

--disable-userdir \

--disable-alias \

But I have tried many different ways to configure before giving
command "make install clean". But haven't had any luck.

Could you please guide me that How can I configure the Makefile before
installing apache?

For example

 When I give "make config" command I get error as follow:

# make config
===> No options to configure

I have also tried --enable-OPTION and --disable-OPTION... in Makefile.

but didn't had any luck.... :(

Could you attache a Makefile showing places where to put these switches and
how?  I will be really very gratefull....

--
Thanks!

BR / vj

--