Password Security

Andy Greenwood greenwood.andy at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 07:48:26 PST 2006

I've used geli to encrypt my swap partition following the instructions
in the handbook and it went quite well. If you really need to secure
the data on the machine, mark the terminal as insecure and encrypt all
the disks, including swap.

Keep in mind though, that no system is completely secure. It may be
secure enough, but there is *always* a way in for the determined
individual.

On 11/22/06, Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T <jeffh at dundeemt.com> wrote:
> Although I haven't used either, gbde and geli are possible methods.
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/disks-encrypting.html

I'm nerdy in the extreme and whiter than sour cream