Slow Surfing all of Sudden !?

Graham Bentley admin at cpcnw.co.uk
Tue Nov 21 07:59:06 PST 2006

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 12:37:20 -0000, Andrew Pantyukhin
<infofarmer at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> On 11/21/06, Graham Bentley <admin at cpcnw.co.uk> wrote:
>> How would I go about trying to figure out what
>> is causing this effect?
>
> Try adding more RAM? You can look at some basic
> memory stats with top(1)
>
> Also, try other browsers - firefox, linux-firefox,
> seamonkey, konqueror, ..., and, of course, lynx :-)
>
> Good luck!

I am tempted to say it isnt a hardware issue. That 'other'
OS is still fast as well as Zenwalk GNU/Linux - both as
snappy as FeeeBSD was initially.

I think Opera is actually faster than Firefox but I am sad
to say that it too exhibits this odd behaviour here...

type in web address
press enter
<insert delay several seconds>
now page comes flying in

Its that delay that I cant figure out, defo wasnt there
after the fresh install and I remember the same thing
happened on PCBSD which is why I wiped it for 6.2