changing swap size

Zbigniew Szalbot zbyszek at szalbot.homedns.org
Mon Nov 20 22:39:43 PST 2006

Hello,

On Sun, 19 Nov 2006, Martin Alejandro Paredes Sanchez wrote:

>>> I think not. ¿Are your computer still swaping?
>>
>> Yes, it is. I am planning to add more RAM.
>
> I mean, after you add memory, Are your computer still swaping?

I tried adding memory to it but it wouldn't accept it. I tried 512 SDRAM
133Mhz, then 256 SDRAM 133Mhz but in both cases it failed to work with it.

It is an older Compaq machine. I had to shut it down yesterday to install
the memory and after rebooting I saw that no swap was used. Today I see
that a few KB of swap have already been used. Currently thy system has 320
MB RAM.

> If you can add enough memory, so you computer don't swap, you are gone to get
> best performance.

Yep, the problem only is why it wouldn't accept it. I am taking the
specification it to the computer shop and will see if they are any wiser.

Thanks anyway!

--
Zbigniew Szalbot