Qmail & Vpopmail From Ports

Donald J. O'Neill duncan.fbsd at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 21:21:57 PST 2006

On Saturday 18 November 2006 20:54, Rachel Florentine wrote:
> 7883----- Original Message ----
> From: Tom Ierna <tom at shockergroup.com>
>
> > I've installed qmail/vpopmail many ways - from source, using the
> > instructions from qmailrocks and most recently using the instructions
> > found here:
> >

> > http://www.tnpi.biz/internet/mail/toaster/install.shtml108
> >

> > The "toaster" method seems to me to be the most comprehensive, and you
> > can use (or not use) ports as you see fit.
>
> make test resulted in this:
>
> Failed Test         Stat Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of Failed
>---- t/Toaster.t            1   256    41    1   2.44%  22
> t/toaster-watcher.t    1   256    23    1   4.35%  21
> 7 tests and 5 subtests skipped.
> Failed 2/24 test scripts, 91.67% okay. 2/364 subtests failed, 99.45% okay.
> *** Error code 255
>
> Stop in /usr/local/Mail-Toaster-5.03.
>
> I'm "toast".
> Rachel

To run that script and install the toaster, you are going to find that you
need to install one heck of a lot of perl programs. You did see the part at
the very beginning about installing perl, correct? It's not just install
perl, that's the easy part, it's all the other perl helper programs that need
to be installed.

A very much easier method to install is located here:
	http://freebsdrocks.net/

Don