Modifying gcc34 makefile to compile with java

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Sat Nov 18 16:58:05 PST 2006

Hi Kris. I realize the java support prior to 4 requires a ton of RAM to
compile but I also know the compiler is reasonably good afterwards (from
other platforms) but have not been successful with FreeBSD at this
point.  I attempted a few tries at 4.1 an 4.2 today and getting this
sort of an error using gcj:

/usr/local/lib/gcc-4.2.0/libgcj.so.8: Undefined symbol "_Unwind_GetIPInfo"

so am looking to try something earlier that is known to work on Linux.

Regards,
David