HP pavillion dv8000 hotkey mappings

Nathan Vidican nvidican at wmptl.com
Fri Nov 17 11:45:32 PST 2006

Does anyone know how to make use of the hotkeys for multimedia
functions? (ie: play/pause, stop, prev, next, vol-up, vol-down, mute,
etc) ... Have found several articles on these machines, but most
pertaining to the way one particular linux distro vs another makes use
of these keys.

Most specifically, I'd like to get them to work from within kde, mixer
function more than anything (need quick mute/vol-up/down - could live
without the rest). I'm just not sure where/how to map the keys using
freebsd/xorg?

Hoping it'll be something simple, but what? - or is this something more
complex regarding acpi ?

Any ideas, suggestions, comments, or redirects greatly appreciated.

--
Nathan Vidican
nvidican at wmptl.com