DRI-Problem with X on Thinpad T21 (was: "Re: Blank screen after using X")

Christian Walther cptsalek at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 08:53:08 PST 2006

Hi there,

I poked around a bit, changing several settings and the modules to be
loaded in xorg.conf. It turns out that the error is caused by DRI. I'm
pretty sure I tried this before...
So, disabling DRI by commenting out the module in xorg.conf makes X
behave correctly, I can start and stop it without any problems.

But of course I would like to use DRI on my Laptop, should give a
speed bump, especially since I'm interested in using blender.

So, is there anybody out there who could give some advice of what to do?
I changed my kernel configuration so that drm and savagedrm are part
of it, no need for a module. But this doesn't anything, too (didn't
expect it to change anything, but anyway, it was worth a try...)

Regards
Christian